Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update from here in Canada

Well, I am in Canada and we were able to bring mom home from Vancouver General yesterday to here in Kelowna. I flew in Sat. night, mom had to be airvaced to Vancouver for surgery. She had two stints put inb ecause it was so plugged. It took 10 hours to drive a 5 hour trip yesterday because of needing to stop and let her walk around. We take her to the doctor on Sat, and go from there. I am trying to get her diet regulated while I am here.
It is bittersweet here, I am so glad to see my brother and sister and mom, but so hard with these circumstances. I love them all so much and miss them tons. Last night after we got mom in bed I went outside to where Kathy and David were and I don't know I just got so choked I started to cry and said I was going to bed. I cried for ever it seemed like. Kathy came to bed and I told her how I feel. That I know that when mom took me and split the family up that it tore Kathy and David's life apart., I was only 3 I think. I was kind of raised like an only child, I think due to the age differences in us kids. My sister Kathy is the one who gave me a love for reading, she used to read to me whenver I spent the night with her, I have memories of laying in her bed in the redhouse and her reading me the books. She was my idol and I looked up to her, she was the world. I had my first taste of pizza with her and she showed me the world(treats, music, etc). She has always been one of very best friends. My brother Dave has no clue just how much he means to me. WHen Kathy and him came to Arkansas for a road trip, I got close to him and loved the fact that he was so touched by the scrapbook I made him, he cried and my heart burst. He is MY big brother and I have very fond memories of riding the motorcycle with him and thinking I was on top of the world because he was sharing with me something that meant the world to him. i remember as a little girl, him picking on me and tickling me until I peed(yep a regular brother!!).I love them so much it hurt, I hate living so far from them that it is so rare that we get to see each other. Anyway, I was telling Kathy I know we have to have the "talk:" with mom and I was dreading it, well we just finished part of it. We were explaining how I need to help her make sure all funeral arrangements are made and contact list in done, will revised and up to date, etc before I leave. Talk about hard, I didn't want her to feel like we were gaining up on her, although I'm sure that is how she felt. It is making me realize that I have some things to do myself when I get home so my family is prepared-because like it says-you never know when it is your time.
I only have another full day with Kathy and David before they leave on Friday, it is already killing me that they are leaving. I cannot explain just how much I love them.

1 comment:

kathy said...

Dearest B..yup I think I was the one who started calling you that also..isn't it funny how and why things happen for people to understand others or for them to say what is in their hearts..for some the words I love you come to fast and easy and for others it gets said not nearly enough BUT I know that when we hear those 3 little words they are truly said from the heart..okay enough Hallmark LOL..but I made it home safe and sound I got in at dinnertime here at Parkview and I was bombarded with hugs and I missed yous it was mind boggling I guess they missed me and everyone asked how is MOM..at Jessie's she told me Olivia and Percy saw my truck in the garage and were looking for me and Livvy was saying Morning Nana jess kept telling her I wasn't there just my truck but...I listened to my CD's coming home yupper music and I played it LOUD..I'm going to burn you one with all my favs on it including GLORIA and speaking of her how is she still chattin it up .that was so funny..oh yeah Kelowna airport guess who had to take her sandals of yup me..anyways my bestest sis tell Mom i love her and take care and B..I LOVE YOU MORE