Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thanks for the comments & Farmer's Market

I read them and feel like you are talking to me-funny how homesick we get for friends and family. Yet, I am a little sad thinking I only have a week left with mom. Today her and Glen went to the doctor, Glen has to go for blood tests and go back. Dr. Sue told mom her bloodclot is going down nicely. I have to tell you something else quite amazing here, so many people ride bicycles here. They have bike lanes on most roads, we were at the Dr. office early and here comes Dr. Sue riding to work. She locked up her bike while she was chatting with the patients waiting, it was aresome to see. There were other businesses in the stripmall there and yep more people on bikes were coming in to work. After the doctor we went to the Kelowna Farmers's and Craft Market-I had a blast.There were so many tents set up and everything under the sun there. I bought
a bag of yummy tart apples, picked off th e tree last night. Mom got some more corn for dinner today(that's lunch to us). It is so fun to see everything there, there was this mascot and i went up to him and said"I'm a visitor here and would love my picture with you can you walk down here withme to my mom to take it?" He signaled with his hand, wouldn't talk and I got my pic taken, I took one of mom and Glen(he was reluctant), and the "farmer" did a little jig for me. I am so sad that you can't see the pics while it is all happening.
I think I might go swimming today. I have been to the beach everynight and wading in the water. Mom's friend Bruno comes over and visits me for a few minutes while I'm there-I told him last night, when he said I will see you tomorrow and gave me a hug, that he was my beach date! He laughed-he is like 70+.I need to go and start the barb-b-q- I am making prok steaks, cornon the cob, potatoe salad. mmm!

No comments: