Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baking Day & a Compliment

Today I took pictures of mom making pie and tart shells, it has to be Tenderflake-I learned how to make the perfect shell. We made my rhubarb pie and another Canadian fave-butter tarts. I always buy a pack when I am in Canada and mom said oh we can make them. Well, let me tell you, they are so easy to make and yummy! The crust was so flaky-you would think Martha Stewart or Paula Dean were here, they would be proud.
We had a very good dinner also, we make dressing in spare ribs, squash, potaotes, and carrots-all from the garden, I forgot just how good they taste when they come right out of the ground. I made coleslaw, mom had to supervise to make sure it was right-Serenity and Cassandra would have gobbled it up.
It is raining again, but nice and cool. Mom is very tired tonight and still unable to move very well, I had a good day with her . Oh yeah, her friend Bruno came over(a very nice man and friend to mom and Glen) and said "Bridgette you are a very good looking woman!" He turned to mom and said-"she is good looking " I just smiled and said thank you!!!!He is Italian so he speaks in somewhat broken english.
Brinae informed today on the phone that I will be home in 10 days, I am missing my family so much, they just have no clue how much I love and miss them.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey B! We hope everything is going good. We miss you around here!!! We're glad you mom is doing better. We wanted to let you know we were thinking of ya. We love ya.

MEL