Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here in Canada

Mom is managing and although her groin where they did the procedure is very sore, she is getting around pretty fair.
Yesterday, I took her to the doctor and we went to a Dollar Store-it isn;t like ours where everything is a dollar. We got a few things to make a couple of cards-yup I had to hit the scrapbook aisle. Ooh OOh! Mom is thinking she would like to do that-Glen will kill me when she gets started!!!! We went to Wal-Mart and got her a few items, paper cutter, scissors, ect and then I got to go to HARVEY'S, yes siree I got my fix, best hamburger this side of the Canadian border!, actually best hamburger to be found anywhere if you ask me!!!! It was so good, I can hardly explain it, I also had an order of Poutine-french fries with gravy and white cheddar cheese curds-it was pretty good, but next time I am just getting two hamburgers and nothing else!!!
Today mom is al little more sore so it was an easy day, she read my scrapbooking magazines and started getting inspired. There was a little thunderstorm and after supper , I walked over to the beach and read my book for a while. I love the peacefulness of the beach and the mountains in the background across the water-it is beautiful. When I get back home I will post a picture of it.
I am enjoying my time with mom, but am starting to get really homesick for my family and friends, It is REALLY QUIET here, a whole new world for me-ha ha!
Anyway the air is so fresh, it is so pretty here, i love it outdoors here-I bet you can't believe I said that eh?
I am getting ready to head off to bed, I am pretty tired. Tomorrow we are getting eggs, so we can have my fave pie in the world, my mom's rhurbarb pie-it ranks right up there with my hubby's pumpkin pie and the apple pie from Ontario!! We are going to get corn to so I can have my own corn fest!

2 comments:

Creatively Carol said...

Way to go girlfriend, Get her scrapbooking :) Now don't forget the stamping!

Glad to hear she is doing better.

Tammymo said...

I miss you. I'm board out of my mind. I hope all is well we are getting ready for FHE we are doing good. My mom is having heart problems and well know more tomarrow. James turned 13 Saterday uhoh one tennager and 5 to go will I keep my sanity? I think it is already gone. Today was the first day of school and John was scared he was going to get lost, it didn't help I told him his teacher was Josephs teacherso they had to be switched, but on a good note John didn't get a bad note sent home!!! YEAH! Well I miss you I have been working on some really cute stuff you will love.The baby is quite the kicker. Mary is back, and her older daughter was at church Sunday. Is Josh ok I noticed he hasn't been to church in two weeks eveything ok? I pray for you and your family every night. I know how hard this is for them and you to be away from eachother. I must go for now love ya bff Tammy XOXO