Thursday, January 1, 2009

Year in review

2009- another new year, can you believe another has been here and gone? I have been thinking about this past year and a few of the highlights I am grateful for are:
-Brinae earning her Young Women's Recognition(highest award for a young woman to earn)
-the birth of our sixth grandbaby Noah bear(10 lbs 6ozs)
-my mom going through surgery without too many complication-this gave me the opportunity to spend time with my brother, sister, mom and Glenn
-Cassandra attending Church most of the time with us
-Sam started Kindergarten and is loving it and a hit with the teacher(she thinks he is so funny)
-Josh turning 13 and having his first crush(it's a secret I can't tell who!)
-Brinae earning her scripture mastery for Seminary
-Brinae finish her 3rd and 4th level of Girls Camp
-Josh being called to Deacon's President
-Bryan's job at Beckert and loving it(he is doing great there-he is electrical engineer)
-Brinae being called to Mia Maids President
-seeing Serenity's knitting growing in abundance(this girl can knit anything-she has made her own patterns), she is also the knitting instuctor for the Library
-Brinae learning to crochet
Brinae is sitting beside and helping me with my list, can you tell????LOL

THe list can go on and on.......

I am very grateful for everything, for the joys, and the sorrows, and for the things that I have learned from them. I was so sad to lose our Prophet this past year, for his humor, his love, and his wisdom. At the same time I am grateful for the Gospel that we knew we would gain another loving one, and sure enough we did, Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I love this Man of God, I love his wisdom, his stories, his character, and his testimony.
I struggled alot this year within myself and am getting back on track. I am grateful for the new year and the excitement that it brings. We spent alot of time together today, we made new goals for us as a family. Goals that will help us grow stronger in the Gospel, in the home, and in ourselves. I love my family and am so grateful that I can be a wife,a mom, a Grammy, a daughter, a sister, a friend to many wonderful people in my world.
Love to all!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i enjoy your blogs auntie b. they are really inspiring. isn't it wonderful how you can look back at another year gone by and reminisce of the good and the not so good!