Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wow it is an epidemic of good proportions!

Today at Church word had spread of our weightloss challenge and after Church the kitchen got full of people wanting to join!! We will be a ward of new looking people soon. In Relief Society I had explained how we are starting a weightloss support group on Wed. nights. We will get together and share ideas, recipes, etc. We will take turns taking the motivational binder home-this binder will hold success stories, recipes, etc., they will write how their week is going-what worked, what didn't, they will need to find something uplifting to put in it. They will bring it back the next week and someone else will take it home. I am very excited about it. I explained how we need to take control of our lives and live the way we are meant to. We need to follow the advice found in scriptures and leaders. I told them how our bodies are Temples and mine needs mayor reconstruction!!!! We all laughed and boy those sisters seem excited. I told them that this is the year I am going to lose 100 lbs. I gave them all permission to get on my case if they think I am slipping! So I will only post our Waid challenge totals and todays are:
Wayne-1.2
Donnell-3
Tyler-2
Josh-4.8

Bridgette-3
Pam-1.4
Brinae-4
Sasha-2.6
Serenity-0

Who Hoo to us! I am down 13 lbs in 3 weeks. Brinae was so excited about her loss this week. I believe we are all at the point of no return. WE all WANT this so bad and for so many different reasons. My fear is that I will lose it and because of my age that I will have so much hanging skin. I want to be healthy, I want to run and not be weary, I want to wear cute clothes, I want to be able to see my feet, I want to be able to see what I'm washing in the shower!!!! My list goes on forever!

Another good thing today-Josh got set apart as Deacons' President. He is such a good boy and cute too I might add. I hope and pray that he will always have the desire to do what is right, that he will want to serve others and show his gratitude to his Heavenly Father. I love him and am so proud of him.

Brinae had so much fun at the Church dance last night. She came home all bubbly and telling us all the details. It helped that the cute guy that she likes asked her to dance!!! After the weigh in this afternoon, she informed me this was the best weekend!!!! She has decided that even though she has already earned her Young WOmanhoond Recognition she is still going to go ahead and do the new value that has since been added. The value is Virtue so she is thinking of what projects she can do that would exemplify it. I really am proud of her, she had the choice to do it or not. She is doing both early morning and home study seminary.

We had barbq hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner-Donnell did an exceptional job on them. he also made what he calls armadillo eggs-they are jalepona peppers with cream cheese inside them and wrapped in bacon, he grilled them and they were yummy. Chicken and fish this week again!

I need to go but I love you all!
1.4

2 comments:

Jessie said...

hey auntie b....as for the hanging skin, i knew this lady and she told me to about skim milk. it's supposed to tigten up after you lose some of your weight. really the only time i have my skim milk is with cereal. it was a change by far but that's what it's all about right, change....and another thing i heard is that don't lose the weight too fast or you will have loose hanging skin. i know w.w recommends no more than a 2 lb weight loss a week.

Serenity said...

Bryan forgot to go weigh this morning so we weighed him on our scale. As close as I can tell he lost 4 lbs, possibly 5, but I think we should say 4.