Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter weather

Well today it started freezing rain and the libraries closed early. I had just run in to get Brinae's book and almost missed it. Some of the schools closed early as well. The van had ice over all of it and my steps.
It is below freezing and still coming down. The weather guy said that it is to keep up all night, I don't understand why they wait until morning to announce some closings. We are supposed to have staff meeting in Van Buren tomorrow morning, but I just find it hard to believe we will be going. I would like to not have to set my alarm for early moring. Brinae is excited they already cancelled Seminary so she can sleep in. My thoughts on the ice here is that the pwoer companys should use thicker cable(Canada has very heavy cables to withstand alot of ice and snow), ours here keeps snapping with the weight and they are predicting alot of power outages. I hope we don't as we are all electric. I have a plan though, we can hang blankets in our dining room doorway and stay in the family room and use the fireplace. We can roast hot dogs(have to buy them first!!!!!) It will be like little house on the prairie type stuff-ha ha!
So if I don't post for a few days or if Mom doesn't hear from me she will know we are out of power.
Today was a little harder for me eating wise. I did not too bad, but feel I could have done better.

I got the Josh's school samples sent off to the teacher today. I sent some of his semester tests.

I made shrimp scampi homemade and diet for lunch today. It was pretty good, I love shrimp.

I'm hoping to make some cards tomorrow.

I should go and fill up all the pitchers just in case. I think I'll take a hot bath too.

Love to all!

No comments: