Sunday, October 5, 2008

General COnference and other thoughts

Brinae, Josh, and I went to the morning session of general Conference today. It was really good, I loved the speakers. Bishop McCollum came up in the middle of it and called me out, Cassandra was there and needed a babysitter, she was called into work. We came home in between sessions and fed the little ones. I laid down with Abby and she fell asleep, Josh stayed home with them and Brinae and I went back for the afternoon sessions. I am so glad we went, I loved Elder Quentin Cook's talk so much.
We got home just a few minutes before Donnell-he worked almost 14 hours today. He got a drink of COke , took a shower, and went to bed. He woke up 4 hours later and now he is off to work again. He kissed me goodbye and said we'll talk tomorrow, I said I forgot I am working tomorrow, he stopped turned around and said, I guess Friday then. Did I say how chaotic our lives have been? The other day I just happended to tape Oprah and it was on being overwhelmed. The mother that had forgot to drop her little toddler off athe babysitters(usually her hubby did it), the baby was in the hot car all day while the mother was at her job at the school , her fellow teacher found the baby in the car. It was so sad, but so many people related to just how easily it could have been them. Since watching th at show I have noticed that life can be so overwhelming and we need to learn to say NO! The doctor on the show said there is no such thing as multitasking because we may be doing different things at the same time, but really only focusing on one at a time. It was very interesting. I learned alot.
I do have to tell you all that the movie Mamma Mia is the BOMB! I loved it, I laughed and laughed. I belted out all the tunes and had a great time! I can't wait for it to come out in DVD. I could watach it over and over and over......(Did I say how much I loved it??????)
OH HOney HOney....

1 comment:

kathy said...

Mama Mia was an awesome movie B..tell Donnell to try and take a breath some time ( I know I know) I can hear what your saying and I see your head shake remember I am your sis LOL anyways say HAPPY CANADIAN TURKEY DAY to all on Mon from Auntie K we're going to Jessies love ya lots and miss you more