Friday, February 13, 2009

Basketball

We went to see the Mulberry HIgh School game. I had promised Connor that we would go to one, this was the last one. It was very good to see him play. He lives and breathes the game. He is just like another one of my kids. I had a really good time, sitting with Cindy and seeing some of the Mulberry natives that we used to see and visit with. There a couple of boys from Church on the team so it was nice to see them play also. The other team had a mentally challenged player and when they put him in it was awesome watching all the boys from both teams. Our boys stepped back when his teammates threw him the ball and he tried to make a basket. A few times it hit the rim and off . WHen he finally made the basket everyone in the gym celebrated! THe look on his face was priceless, my eyes filled while I watched him take in the moment. OUr boys won and did a super great job. I wish now that we had attended more of the games. Donnell says next year our Connor will be big man on the campus!(3 were seniors tonight)
Breakfast-none(I know bad)
lunch-6 inch sub
dinner- nachos bel grande
snack- only a couple of sugar free sweethearts
water-66 ozs
exercise-walked a mile and a half

I know I did not eat well this week, not by eating bad stuff, but by not eating enough

Sunday is weigh in day.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Hey B I know how you felt when he made the basket..bet your heart and eyes filled, just like when our Gary asked me Kathy if Im good can I go to the grocery store with you..man something so simple gave him so much pleasure and feeling of importance..I had so much fun with him and I HATE grocery shopping..he was polite and he did the running to catch the man where stuff was..and yes there still are people who look and stare BUT they are the ones who lose..

Jessie said...

man you guys, just reading what you both put made my eyes tear up! anyways auntie b...this w-end was a bad w-end for me eating wise! but i'll get back on track this week.