Thursday, January 30, 2014

When a door closes......

I have not been posting due to a few things, sickness had been through our home and recently something happened that I just didn't want to broadcast.
My sweet hubby lost his job. We thought it might happen and over the weekend, we kept praying for Heavenly Father's will be done. I know that He knows what is best for our family. Donnell and I made different plans according to different scenarios. He had his meeting on Monday and when he picked me up for my lunch break, it broke my heart to see him like he was. He kept apologizing for letting me down and promising to do everything and anything to make sure the bills get paid. I assured him that he did not let me down ever and that his past actions since the day I married him has shown me his character and that I knew he would still provide for us. I know that this has the potential to be a very big blessing for us, if we lean on Heavenly Father. He went today and applied for unemployment, this step will allow him to go back to school in the fall and finish his computer programming. He will have this time to heal his back and get healthy and to be able to spend more time with Josh in preparing for a mission. The things I am most afraid of is the lack of insurance for my husband and son. Donnell takes blood pressure meds and Josh needs to do all the dentist and doctor stuff for his mission. I love Donnell and I know that we will be fine, just need to learn to budget better and we won't have as much "fluff" stuff that we like to do. Trials are to make us stronger and I am determined to help this one become a true blessing. I have fear and worries a lot, but am trying. Each day another thought will creep in my head, yesterday it was the lack of life insurance. We had a really good policy through his work and heaven knows I want my Donnell here, it was a safety net. I did not want to post about this as I wanted to protect Donnell. Sometimes people judge and then I realized that anyone that knows him. They know the strong, funny, hard working man that he is. I am grateful for the family that I have.
Gratitude list:
1. thankful for my job-although it doesn't pay great, it is something I love to do and it helps with the bills now.
2. Donnell being accepted for unemployment although we don't know when it will kick in.
3. My testimony of the gospel and how I know Heavenly Father is aware of me.
4. That Brinae has a good job and has good health benefits.
5. grateful that I just got my new glasses on Donnell's insurance before the loss of job!

No comments: