Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ice and cold

Today was a weather nightmare! It started with rain and then bam! ice everywhere. We watched as the sidewalks and parking lots froze at work, just wanting to leave for the safety of our own homes. We were able to leave at noon. Driving home was slow, I saw remains of an accident on the side of the road. I went and picked up Josh, he said the office was calling student names every few seconds, as more and more parents came to pick up their kids. Alma school district only ran a few of their buses, after parents that could picked up their kids, approx. 25 kids were left to maybe stay the night at school. The county sheriff took them home just a while ago. Crazy weather!! I just found out that one of my story time parents and her twin boys were not able to make it home and were holed up in a motel room, the last room they had available because of the ice.
We had cake and karaoke to celebrate Elvis Presleys birthday-he would have been 79 yrs. old.
Today is also my dad's birthday. He passed away in 1989 from brain cancer. I sure wish my younger kids could have met him. Serenity and Cassandra had him when they were younger. I have many happy memories of him.
I was able to work a bit on my OLW pages today. Still looking for a picture to make my word visible and a quote. I will post pictures soon of my pages.
Gratitude list:
1making it home safe and sound.
2. getting to leave work early
3 trying a new recipe(white chicken chili) and loving it
4 so grateful that all my kids and grandkids are safe in their homes tonight
5 grateful that Donnell was able to make it to work safely amidst all the ice(he said it was awful)

No comments: