Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Another brand new start. The beginning of another year, the making of new year resolutions, the excitement of new goals, hopes, and dreams. I have always liked the beginning of everything-the first line or two of a new book to pull me in, the excitement of two lines on a home pregnancy test, the sense of willpower at the start of a diet, the thrill of the phone when starting a new relationship, all starts of new journeys-don't get me wrong I love the whole journey, but I relish the beginnings! This year is no different, new goals, or old goals reborn again-weight loss, eating healthy....., but along with those are the feelings of something new, something resonating deeper in me this time.
 My one little word for 2014 is Light. I want to invite more light into my life, I want to become lighter -weight wise, emotionally, stress wise, I want to stand in Christ's light more, I want to illuminate goodness more, there are so many opportunities with this word and I own it this year. My word last year was Be and even though I didn't quite accomplish everything I wanted to do with this word, I feel like I did learn to just be!
 My gratitude list today is :
1. Dr.'s for my Mady-she had to have surgery to rebreak her arm so it could be put in a cast.
2. So grateful that Mady did well in surgery.
3. Days off!
4. physical therapy for Donnell.(on his back)
5. My Josh-he is sick today. I am grateful that I can be his mom.

No comments: