Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New President and other thoughts

Well, last night the American people voted and made history. For the first time ever, an African American will be President. Personally, I don't think he is the right person for the job(our house is strictly red), but my eyes did fill with tears, as Harry Smith interviewed Dr. Maya D'angelou this morning. To come from not being able to share the same drinking fountain to being able to share in the White HOuse, that is cool. THe American Dream is for everybody. I was telling Josh last night that when his kids go to school, last night will be in their history books. I told him he was a witness to a historical moment in the making.
Monday morning I was driving to the Mulberry Library to teach a class, and I was enjoying the beautiful Autumn scenery. The leaves were changing and it was just so breathtaking, I got to thinking just how awesome Heavenly Father is and how blessed we are. I was listening to the radio and Mercy mE's Imagine came on and yep, I got teary eyed. It was just simply a great drive for me. We had a blast at the library making Christmas cards and we were given Simple Simons Pizza for lunch-yay Mulberry Friends of the Library! It was so fun with Cindy and the girls-Barbara, Tonya, Mary, Mary, Roseanne, her mom Barbara and sister Pam, and Patricia. It went very well, they want to do it again.
Our play practices have been going very well, we are mostly out of our books for Act one.
It is really fun.
I am at work and need to go to lunch so love to all!

No comments: